- Best Scooter For Kids Comparison Chart
- Top 10 Best Scooter For Kids Reviews
- 1. Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter | Best Scooter For 2 year old
- 2. Razor A3 Kick Scooter | Best Scooter For 4 Year Old
- 3. Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-bar | Best Scooter For 5 Year Old
- 4. Den Haven Scooter For Kids | Best Scooter For 3 Year Old
- 5. Globber Primo 3 Wheel Adjustable Height Scooter
- 6. Razor A Kick Scooter | Best Scooter For 6 Year Olds
- 7. Delux 3-Wheel Maxi Scooter
- 8. Yvolution Y Fliker Air A1 Push Swing Scooter
- 9. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter
- 10. Voyage Sports Mini Kick Scooter X4
- A Comprehensive Buying Guide For The Best Kids Scooter
Kids scooters are extremely popular. The simplicity of riding a scooter and the fun that comes with it makes it worthwhile to own one. There are lots of scooters available on the market but the hardest part is to choose the best scooter for kids.
These scooters look super fun, right? Of course, they are. They are good, safe and a healthy way of entertainment. But what type of scooter should you get for your kids?
If you are clueless about which one to get, don’t worry. It will only take a few minutes to get clued up. We have created this guide to simplify your purchase of a kids scooter. Scooters have been around for years.
The basic design is unchanged, but the quality of these scooters has improved a lot. Scooters these days use more advanced material that makes them lightweight, durable, strong and safer than ever.
Scooters are also a great gift to give during the holiday seasons and birthdays. For toddlers and kids, scooters are a simple and fun way of transportation and to play outdoors.
For many years, parents have been giving scooter as gifts to their kids and kids of their friends.
Why Do You Need Scooters?
Scooters are great if you want to provide your children with speed and independence from an early age. They are safer than bikes and fewer chances of accidents. Scooters are also less bulky than bikes.
Less weight means more portability. There are many models out there to choose from. Some models are specifically designed for kids. If you are not sure which one to pick, check out our buying guide at the end of this article to get a clear idea.
If you want a quick glimpse of the featured product, have look at this comparison table and pick the one best suited for your kids. It’s important to pick a scooter for kids based on the age range of a scooter and the weight capacity. More buying info’s are given at the end of this article. Make sure to check that out.
After an intensive and thorough research both online and offline, we are able to select the top 10 best kids scooter to put on our list. Here is a quick comparison chart for the best scooter for kids.
Best Scooter For Kids Comparison Chart
If you are thinking to give a scooter to your kids as gifts this holiday season, let our top 10 best scooters for kids list help you.
Top 10 Best Scooter For Kids Reviews
1. Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter | Best Scooter For 2 year old
The Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter stands at the top of our list. Watch your kids surf the sidewalks with this scooter. The Mini has an award-winning design and is the no.1 kid’s scooter on the market. This is also a multi-award winning scooter. That should give you an idea of how popular this scooter is.
- The micro mini is intended for kids aged 2-5 years old. It weighs 44 pounds.It has a unique award winning design and uses lean-to-steer mechanism.
- In terms of stability, it comes with 3 wheels. Two at the front, one at the back. It has a low-to-the-ground deck and safe steering that enhances stability.
- This scooter uses lean-to-steer mechanism. Kids use their body weight to lean left and right. This is fun and beneficial for kids to develop balance at a young age.
- It comes with a flexible fiberglass reinforced deck and has one of the highest quality tires you can find on a scooter. It has one of the smoothest and quietest rides than most other scooters out there.
- This scooter is CPSC certified. This is also a multi-award winning bike. Swiss designed, premium quality materials, sturdy and lightweight. Everything you need in a top quality scooter.
- Beautiful design.
- Transparent tires.
- Very stable.
- Suitable for small kids.
- Fixed handlebar.
- There is absolutely no issue regarding the quality of this bike. However, the fixed handlebar will bother some people. This is for kids aged 2-5 only. Don’t expect this to be comfortable for a 6 year old kid.
The Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter is perfect for pre-schoolers and kindergarteners. It is also one of the best values present you can give to your child. It is also one of the highest rated scooters for kids. The Micro Mini is a top choice among parents.
2. Razor A3 Kick Scooter | Best Scooter For 4 Year Old
For a three-wheeler, the Micro Mini is the best, but for a two-wheel scooter, The Razor A3 Kick Scooter stands at the top. The Razor A3 has a rock-solid construction with a classic design. This is a great option for kids over the age of 4 and under 143 pounds.
- The Razor A3 comes with adjustable handlebars, very durable and features a patented rear fender brake for quick stops. It has a lightweight aluminum frame and can be folded to portable size.
- This classic kick scooter uses a sturdy aircraft-grade aluminum frame. This makes it one of the most durable and sturdy kick scooters on the market. The weight capacity is higher than the micro mini.
- This scooter has a lower rolling resistance thanks to its rubber tire and good bearings. This two-wheel kick scooter provides great balance.
- This scooter gives a comfortable ride even on a bumpy surface. The 125 mm inline-style urethane wheels and also the springless shock absorbing system on the tires will give you the best comfort you can get on a scooter.
- In terms of safety, this scooter comes with rear fender brakes. It has a simple minimalistic design and is built to last.
- The suspension on the front wheel.
- Perfect for rough terrains.
- High weight capacity.
- Minimal design.
- Very durable.
- This is a two-wheel scooter, so it might take a little time for a first-time rider to get used to.
The Razor A3 Kick Scooter is the definition of classic kick scooter. Two wheels, Adjustable steering handlebars, brakes on the rear tire, minimal design and one of the most durable kick scooter we have had our hands on. If you want a kids scooter that can take a beating than the Razor A3 is the one you should get.
3. Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-bar | Best Scooter For 5 Year Old
One look at the Micro Maxi Kick Scooter will leave you amazed by its sleek and smooth appearance. This is one of the highest-quality and best performing scooter for kids. For a first time rider, this makes an awesome first scooter. You’ll love everything about this scooter. The entire feature it comes with makes it a great buy for your kids.
- The wheels on this scooter have a big diameter. This is to make sure your kids get a smooth ride along the walkways. The front tires are over 4.5” and the rear tires are doubled up side-to-side for better stability and braking.
- The handlebar on this scooter is adjustable. It can be adjusted from about 24” to about 36” high from the deck. There are two steering options to choose from, Joystick for better carving and T-bar for better handling.
- You don’t have to worry about its durability. This Swiss-designed scooter is engineered and constructed for superior durability. Another great feature of this scooter is that you can literally replace any parts you like, making it last virtually forever.
- This scooter is for kids ages 5 – 12. It can hold a maximum weight capacity of 110 lbs. It has one of the highest weight capacities you can find on a scooter. The scooter itself weighs only 5 lbs.
- There are lots of colorful designs to choose from. Boys prefer the silver one while girls prefer the pink color. Assembly is pretty easy. All you need to do is tighten the handlebar clamp using the hex wrench.
- Best in quality and durability.
- Easy to assemble.
- Smooth glide experience.
- Dual steering options.
- Larger wheels for stability.
- This scooter is expensive. While technically it’s not something we would complain about given that the quality of this bike is absolutely best in the industry.
The Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-bar is a quality choice in kickboard scooters for school-aged kids. This is without a doubt the best performing scooter there is. A little bit expensive, but that’s the price you have to pay to get something this good.
4. Den Haven Scooter For Kids | Best Scooter For 3 Year Old
Another premium three-wheeler kick scooter for kids. The Den Haven is a premium quality, beautifully designed scooter that has all the features you need at a budget-friendly price. Smooth ride, safe for a toddler and loved by all. Let your kid scoot around in style with this kick scooter.
- The Den Haven is made using aluminum metal and comprised of sturdy nylon parts. As you can see it uses the same build quality as higher priced brands.
- In terms of safety and stability, this kick scooter uses three wheels. More stable than a two-wheel scooter and much more stable. We prefer three wheel scooters for kids.
- The tires are large and allow more stability on bumpy roads. It also comes with an easy to use rear brakes. When pressed down, the scooter will come to a secure stop. Large aluminum reinforced brake pedals are used for a quick and firm stop.
- Don’t worry about the durability of this scooter. This scooter uses a high quality aluminum frame and carbon steel alloy. The handlebar is adjustable and comfortably padded.
- There are two design options to choose from. Black glossy finish and pink, both are equally popular. Recommended for kids age above 3 years old and has a weight capacity of 35 lbs.
- Padded handlebar.
- Beautiful design.
- Premium quality.
- Easy to fold.
- Good for the price.
- Not for the big boys, it can only hold a maximum weight capacity of 35lbs to at max 50lbs.
The Den Haven Original Kick Scooter has the similar quality to brands with bigger labels with half of the price. This is a super fun scooter for your child designed by Dan Haven.
5. Globber Primo 3 Wheel Adjustable Height Scooter
The Globber Primo kick scooter is the only scooter in our list that directly rivals the Micro Mini Kick Scooter. Features are almost similar but the only unique feature of this scooter is its weight capacity. It has one of the highest weight capacities than most other leading brands.
- In terms of stability, it uses steel plate reinforced deck to provide maximum support. To provide a more stable and responsive ride, it has a low deck clearance from the ground.
- The Globber gives a great smooth ride experience. The smoothness comes from its high-rebound PU wheels with ABEC-5 bearings. For efficient braking, it comes with an extra long rear brake that covers the entire rear wheel.
- Weight capacity is one of its key selling points. The steel plate reinforced deck can hold a maximum weight capacity of 110lbs. Which more than the most other leading brands can hold.
- The handlebar is adjustable that grows with your child. You can adjust the handlebars from 26.5” – 31” from the deck. The handlebar uses dual-injection comfortable grips.
- Another unique feature of this scooter is its patented secure lock button. It keeps the scooter moving in a straight line. Lean to steer mechanism, the front pivot for a smooth run helps your child learn balance at an early age.
- More weight capacity.
- Secure lock button.
- Comfortable and adjustable handlebar.
- Good durability and stability.
- Lots of designs to choose from.
- The only drawbacks of this scooter are perhaps the tires. It tends to wear down after some time only if the brake is continuously used.
The Globber Primo 3 Wheel scooter serves as a great first scooter for a first-time rider. Its unique one-of-a-kind lock system is perfect for a new rider to master balance. It makes the whole balance learning process as easy as possible.
6. Razor A Kick Scooter | Best Scooter For 6 Year Olds
Unlike the Razor A3 that we mentioned earlier, The A series kick scooter is intended for older kids. You can’t beat the classics. The Razor A kick scooter is pretty much the American icon for scooters. Even after all these years, The Razor A kick scooter is very popular among consumers.
- This classic kick scooter is made using the best quality aircraft-grade aluminum. Its rock solid and can take a lot of beating. The ride experience won’t change even after years of use.
- This scooter gives a smooth ride even on bumpy terrains. The tires are 98mm wide inline-style urethane wheels. It also uses ABEC 5 bearings. Given their size and weight, it has a high weight capacity.
- This scooter comes with an adjustable handlebar. They also have a lower rolling resistance than other scooter brands because of the harder tires and bearings.
- In terms of safety, it has rear brakes. It has a lightweight frame and good balance. This scooter is foldable too. The folding mechanism is also patented.
- There is a wide variety of designs to choose from. Only the “Sweet Pea” design comes with a bell and handlebar streamers.
- Classic scooter design.
- High weight capacity.
- Easy to fold.
- Good balance.
- Smoother ride.
- Not for new riders. It’s a two-wheel scooter and goes faster than most other scooters for kids. First-time riders may find it harder to balance and steer because of the speed.
The Razor A Kick Scooter is perfect for kids aged above 4 years old. There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this scooter. The price is good, overall quality is superb. This scooter is very strong too.
7. Delux 3-Wheel Maxi Scooter
The Delux 3-Wheel Maxi Scooter by BOOMSkootz is the most stylish scooter on this list. The unique pop graffiti deck pattern really stands out from the crowd. Also, it is equipped with LED lights inside the wheels makes it truly the most stylish scooter for kids on the market.
- The new model is improved with so many features. It is a three-wheeled scooter and the tires are made using superior PU. It gives a fast and smooth ride. Good bearings and wide tires make it even smoother on bumpy roads.
- The handlebar is height adjustable so that the scooter can grow with your child. It also comes with a securing lock button which is made using copper. New, improved and redesigned steering column adds more stability.
- The style is the key selling point of this scooter. The unique pop graffiti really stands out from the crowd. You kids will be scooting around the block in style with this scooter. There are LED lights embedded in the wheels that light up when it goes fast.
- You can be sure this scooter can handle anything your kids can throw at it. BOOMSkootz used only the best quality material on this scooter. The lightweight aluminum and steel frame will make sure this scooter lasts a long time.
- In terms of comfort, the handles are padded. Reinforced deck underneath makes it one of the highest weight capacity scooter in the industry. It has a maximum weight limit of 175 lbs.
- Unique pop graffiti design.
- High weight capacity.
- Strong construction.
- Very comfortable.
- Good stability.
- This scooter is recommended for 6-10-year-old kids. Not for smaller kids. You have to pick the mini version for your younger kids.
The Delux 3-Wheel Maxi Scooter is most stylish scooter on this list. Kids love this one for the unique graffiti on its deck. Provides good stability and the construction is solid. It will certainly give you a good value for your money. This scooter also makes a good gifting choice to give to your little ones.
8. Yvolution Y Fliker Air A1 Push Swing Scooter
The Yvolution A1 Push Swing Scooter is not like the other scooter in our list. It has a unique body shape design. It is basically a three-wheel scooter but the two wheels at the back are separated. It’s a revolutionary design from the manufacturer.
- This is basically a three wheel scooter with a huge design change. On a normal scooter you have to kick the pavement to start rolling, but on this scooter, you just move your hips from side to side to get going.
- This scooter comes equipped with performance rated wheels. It uses PU rated wheels for speed. These wheels ensure smooth drifting and perfect control.
- The construction is pretty solid. This scooter has reinforced steel frame for extra durability. It also uses industrial casters and reinforced steel tubing. It has a good weight capacity of 110lbs.
- This is for older kids only. This scooter is intended for freestyle carving kids rather than normal outdoor cruising kids. The design says it all. There is a quick response brake for increased control.
- This board allows better control and better drifting action. This is why this scooter is considered as one of the top performing stunt tricks. This cutting-edge design is fun to look at.
- Unique design.
- Good for stunts.
- Good control.
- Quick response brake.
- Easy to assemble.
- This is not a scooter you can give to a first-time rider, only experienced rider may give this one a try.
The Yvolution A1 Push Swing Scooter is the result of constantly improving and innovating the riding experience of little riders. Kids love performing tricks with this scooter.
9. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter
As the name suggests, The Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter is the smallest in our list of scooter reviews. This scooter is specially designed for kids. It has a more centered to the ground body shape for extra stability. Perfect scooter for kids aged 2 to 3 years old.
- This is a 3-wheel design scooter for added stability. There is a wide, slip-resistant deck which is more centered to the ground that increases overall control.
- The deck is wide enough to accommodate two feet at the same time. It is also great for balance. The non-slip grip type makes it easy to hold the grip in wet and windy conditions.
- It has a low-profile design that makes it easy for scooting. The wheelbase is large and provides smooth rolling. It makes a great first scooter for your little one.
- The sturdy welded steel frame is strong enough to endure anything your child can throw at. This small scooter can hold a maximum weight of 45 pounds.
- The polymer grips and padded handlebar makes it one of the best comfortable scooter for kids out there.
- Comfortable scooter.
- Good for a 3-year-old.
- Padded Grips.
- Wide deck.
- Large wheel base.
- The back wheel gets in the way for a small kid. Not for a small kid.
Overall the Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter is a good scooter for a 3-year-old. The design is cute and fits perfectly for a small-to-medium 3-year-old. The assembly is easy and the price tag is also budget friendly.
10. Voyage Sports Mini Kick Scooter X4
The final scooter on our list is the Voyage Sports Mini Kick Scooter by Voyage Sports. This is a three-wheeled scooter that is intended for kids aged 2 years and above. This one is lightweight and serves as a great first scooter for a first-time rider.
- As we said earlier, 3 wheeled scooters are perfect for a beginner. The Voyage sports uses three-wheel design which is perfect for a beginner. The wheels are made using polyurethane.
- The wheelbase has large diameter. The front wheels have 120mm in diameter and thickness is 25mm. Large wheels are great for balance and control.
- The frame uses stainless steel and plastic combined. The base has low clearance which is perfect to keep a good balance. There are also LED lights inside the wheels.
- The handlebar is adjustable. It can be adjusted from 24” to 27” in height. This adjustable handlebar is great for kids older than 2 years old.
- It has a good weight capacity of 80 pounds. This is enough because the manufacturers suggest that this should be used by kids aged 2 years or more.
- Larger wheels.
- Adjustable handlebars.
- Uses eco-friendly materials.
- Very lightweight.
- Easy to carry.
- This isn’t the most durable scooter on our list. We would say this is the least durable of them all. It will suffice for a 2-year-old girl.
The Voyage Sports Mini Kick Scooter can be given as a gift to your little one. It is cheap and can be the perfect travel companion for your little one. The multi-color LED lights are very attractive too.
A Comprehensive Buying Guide For The Best Kids Scooter
To get the best scooter for kids, you need to look for some important factors. Here are few of them.
Every scooter manufacturer will tell you the maximum weight capacity of their scooters. Be sure to check the weight limit before making your purchase. A scooter for kids will have a limit of 45 lbs to 110 lbs. Some have even more. Make sure you check that first.
There are two types of scooters out there. The traditional two-wheel design and the new three-wheel design. Each has its own perks. The two-wheel based scooter is the common type. These are for experienced riders.
If your little one never rode a scooter before, it’s a good idea to give them a three-wheel based scooter. Three wheel scooters have more balance, more stability. It is much safer to learn balance on a three-wheel base scooter than a two-wheel based scooter.
There are also other optional factors to consider like wheel materials, diameter. In short, a large wheelbase and PU material for wheels is what you should go for. These will offer smooth movements on bumpy surfaces.
The weight of the scooter should only be considered a factor if you are shopping for a toddler scooter. Little kids will have to push or even pull up the scooter to change direction. If you are looking for a toddler scooter, pick the lightest one from our list.
Some kids love to go fast. It’s better to have brakes on a scooter. Almost all the scooters on our list have brakes. Wide decks are also good for stability. There are some scooters that have a secure locking feature. In short, check for brakes, secure lock, wide deck and tire diameter for safety.
For more safety features, we would recommend you have a look at our best bike helmet for toddlers review. Safety gears are essential for a scooter kid.
Adjustability & Comfort
Some of the scooters in this list have adjustable handlebar, which is a good thing to have. Make sure the handlebar grips are well padded for comfort.
In these modern times, it’s good that companies are innovating with modern scooters. Scooting is a great way to have fun outdoors. It helps kids to be active rather than staring at a screen and play video games all day.
If your kids love scooters than you can be sure they will most certainly be interested in balance bikes. Balance bikes are the perfect and most efficient to way to teach a child how to ride a bike. If you don’t know which balance bike to choose, have a look at our best balance bike review guide and you’ll figure it out.
Finally, we hope that this article was helpful to you. Our aim was to make sure you get the best scooter for kids and let your little ones enjoy the fun of scooting.